Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm still in disbelief that the last week is already over. Just can't believe how quickly it went by. I hardly ever visited this blog or any other or caught up with friends for a small chat online or attempted any last minute R&D on Ladakh or it's weather. It's been a hectic week at work with one of my team members moving to another role and me having to double hat between his and mine. And am glad it's the weekend. My last chance to sit by myself and list out the things I need to do before leaving for Ladakh.

Things seem quite on track right now. But if everything's going well, then something HAS to be wrong somewhere. And so I got the news 5 days ago that Vikram's manager here decided to play a nasty prank on us by extending Vicky's stay in Riyadh by 4 more days. So, now his scheduled return has been postponed from the 07th to 11th Sep. Which leaves him with about 4 days only to prepare for Ladakh. When I saw Vicky's number blaring on my cellphone display I immediately knew that it HAD to be bad news. With a lump in my throat, I answered the call, and my fears were confirmed. But Roshan, Rahul and I are confident that he'll make it to India in time.

However, I just can't help but feel the "it can't get closer than this" factor - The weather's playing hide and seek in Ladakh and we'll be lucky if we don't lose time because of a landslide. We are leaving Bangalore on 16th, but no sign of Vicky in India YET. And he's traveling across the Arabian Sea, flying over the headquarters of AL-QAIDA ...... on 11th September (of all days).

Amen to that !!!

However, the weather seems to be looking great now and the prophecy that Sep is the friendliest month to visit Ladakh is slowly turning true. Or have I spoken too soon ??

Since Vicky’s still jacking off on top of a sand dune in the middle of the desert in the middle east, Rahul, Roshan and I decided to meet up this evening sans Vicky, to take a stock check of whatever little that needs to be prepared.

I’m excited. Expectant. Smiling. It’s going to be a joy-ride. Which reminds me, I watched Munnabhai - Lage Raho last night with Sumanth. It’s definitely better than the first part. And Vidya Balan has got to be the prettiest thing to have walked into Hindi cinema in a long time !!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Hey Varun! Doesn't seem you've done an update in awhile so not sure if you'll get this. Just thought I'd stop in and see how you were doing. Thanks again for the wonderful hospitatlity and good time in Bangalore!

peace,
Jason

10:24 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home