Friday, September 29, 2006

A Case Study in Customer Relationship Management - Ask Jet Airways !!!

Two weeks since I tapped a keyboard!! Two weeks since i answered a phone call on my mobile!! Two weeks since I left the chaos of urban life!! TWO WEEKS OF UNINTERRUPTED BLISS !!!!!!
I'm seriously considering the idea of working for a few more years and then, coming back here. To the mountains, to the snow, to alpine trees, to the warm hospitality of the Tibetans and Ladakhis, to a life that is so slow-paced that it makes you sit back and contemplate how niiice life can be and how dirty we've made it for ourselves !!!
The two weeks I've spent here amidst the people of Ladakh will always linger in my heart. Roshan, Rahul, Vikram and I had the most amazing joyride of our lives. Biking up to 18,500 feet on some of the narrowest passes in the world, rafting down giant rapids on the Zanskar River, camping by the Pangong Lake (now i know where the colour 'fuchusia' came from), speaking to Monks at the Thikse Monastery and most of all, trekking up a 6,100 Mts Mountain over four days and nights when the temperature was -7°C make me wonder if I really want to get back home.
Unfortunately, I cannot upload pictures or videos right now because broadband internet is a non-existent species here. I was supposed to have left for Delhi this morning and then, back to Bangalore, until Jet Airways decided to take me on a joy-ride of a different kind. They misunderstood my instructions to re-schedule my return tickets and cancelled it instead.
Now after a lot of angry exchange of words and some soft talk over butter tea, I've got tickets for 01 Oct. Vicky and Roshan already left this morning. Rahul and I will fly back together.
In the meantime, I thought I'll check out the Leh Palace, with extra time on my hands, but my trip up the hill to see the 17th Century palace is probably one of the biggest disappointments of this trip. The palace is more of a public toilet than anything else.
Signing out. Internet at 2 bucks a minute is pretty expensive, especially since i'm almost drained of all my money. All details of the trip, pics and videos on the way.
Cheers !!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Hey Varun, nice job on the blog. Looking forward to seeing it with pics! Glad to hear you arrived home safely. Going back to work is pants, but just imagine yourself on your next adventure when it gets to be too much!

Send my best to the rest of the gang for me,
Jason

10:37 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger sujaya said...

hey...varun nice to read your case study...at last u managed to become a true corporate guy...lol...neways it reminds me of my trip to the same place long time ago...but still the memories are fresh in my mind...quite true the place is heaven!!!
looking forward for more blogs...

ciao
sujaya

1:58 PM, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Fuming Plume said...

Hey,
I was just reading your blog and plan to go. Im looking at end of August to mid-September. Will the weather kick my ass?

11:55 AM, August 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how bad the rains have been this year. Last year, the roads took a hammering from them. Keep an eye on the weather forecasts regularly. And call up a few hotels there to find out. This seems like a good time of the year to go to Ladakh, although September's better because the rains let up a wee-bit by then and everything's a little cheaper since it's the end of the season.

5:02 PM, August 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here lies the blog of a man who even gave his blog a BIGGGGGG CHOMB!

"Signing out. Internet at 2 bucks a minute is pretty expensive, especially since i'm almost drained of all my money. All details of the trip, pics and videos on the way.
Cheers !!!!
POSTED BY VARUN AT FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2006 "

4:25 AM, September 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravi Uncle

3:09 PM, May 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bubbling karega

3:09 PM, May 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home